Building Control Inspector North East Region (Home Based) Competitive Salary + Benefits
Hays are delighted to be working with a large and well-established organisation to recruit a Building Control Inspector for their North East (England) Region on a permanent basis. The role will require the successful candidate to provide site inspections on a variety of developments to check for compliance with Building Regulations and associated legislation.
Your new role
Includes (but not limited to) the following key duties & responsibilities.
- Inspecting buildings that are either being constructed or converted, working closely with developers / contractors to ensure the works are in accordance with building regulations.
- Detailed and accurate recording of inspection details on the database and communicating effectively with customers.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management team on technical matters - ensuring that standards are being maintained and service delivery.
- Providing technical advice and guidance to Developers and Clients.
What you'll need to succeed
- Part / Full Membership of a professional body, such as; MRICS / MCABE / MCIOB
- Proven and relevant Building Control experience
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause / effect of building defects
- Ability to manage / prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Proven experience effectively communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Full UK Driving License
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary + mileage rate
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible / home-based working
- Working across a variety of developments and projects
- Ability to manage own workload
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Building Control
- Building Inspection
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'