We are currently recruiting for a Building Control Inspector/Surveyor to join a corporate approved Building Control company and take up a Senior Project Management role. The successful Building Control Inspector/Surveyor will be based from our client's London office (EC1) and manage projects, taking responsibility for all aspects. Our client offers a range of services revolving around Building Control to a variety of sectors, including Residential, Retail, Educational and Healthcare. The role has come about due to continued growth within the company.
The successful Senior Building Control Inspector/ Surveyor will be providing a quality approved inspector service, in line with our Client's aims & objectives and the Building Regulations 2000, to meet and exceed client expectations. The successful candidate will effectively manage the project from a building control point of view to ensure that the project complies with building regulations. Daily duties will include, but not be limited, site inspections, attending design team meetings, vetting all new commissions/ plans to ensure compliance with Building Regulations and relevant legislation, maintaining a portfolio of projects for a client base and providing technical advice & guidance to clients.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be Chartered, although this is not essential and candidates working towards this status will be considered. Strong communication skills will be paramount, as will an understanding of the Building Control Regulations 2000. Previous experience of working within Building Control is essential.
There are also other roles available within the company for candidates with Building Control experience so if you feel that you do not have enough experience for this particular role, but do have relevant Building Control experience, please do still enquire about other potential opportunities.
Building Control Inspector / Surveyor (Project Manager) Position Overview
- Carry out all required onsite inspections to ensure compliance with Building Regulations, and associated statutory legislation.
- Maintain a portfolio of projects for a client base
- Attend design team meetings
- Provide technical advice and guidance to clients
- Further information on duties will be provided as required.
Building Control Inspector / Surveyor (Project Manager) Position Requirements
- A strong work history within Building Control
- Effective communication skills - verbal, written, electronic
- A strong understanding of the Building Control Regulations 2000
- Ideally degree qualified or similar
Building Control Inspector / Surveyor (Project Manager) Position Remuneration
- Salary: Competitive & DOE
- Car allowance
- 30 days Annual Leave
- Other company benefits to be discussed at interview
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy