Swindon based with frequent travel to sites
Clifton Shard are working with a global provider of professional services and technologies within the Government Services sector, amongst others. They have enjoyed great success within the Facilities Management sector, providing professional services to several major government organisations.
Due to securing a new contract they are now recruiting a Building Condition Surveyor to cover all sites for the Ministry of Justice.
Reporting to the Lifecycle and forward works Manager you are responsible for conducting building condition surveys on the clients estate whilst managing a program of Building Condition surveys in accordance with client Estates Strategy, statutory requirements and engineering good practice.
- Complete Building condition surveys on the client’s nationwide estate
- Collate, update and maintain an accurate survey program for the client estate in line with company procedures and the contract.
- Provide advice to the client for asset renewal and replacement of building elements and systems.
- Provide required technical advice to the client on condition of the estate.
- Support the company subcontractor in the undertaking of condition surveys to inform the Forward Works / Lifecycle Plan.
- Manage the business interface with the Supply Chain with regards to building condition surveys.
- Update the Forward Works / Lifecycle Plan with data from the building condition surveys
- Work with the Life cycle and forward works Manager to provide reports to the CLIENT on overall condition.
- A bachelor’s degree in Building Surveying or construction related discipline.
- NEBOSH, IOSH, or British Safety Council safety certification
- Member of RICS or have the ability to apply for direct membership
- Experience of Building condition surveyors of M&E plant and equipment
- Experience of working in commercial or government asset portfolios including infrastructure.
- Knowledge of asset data bases and CAFM Systems.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a wider team.
- Good written communication skills including report writing.
Due to the nature of the role candidates must have held or be eligible to apply for UK based security clearance (minimum of three years unbroken UK residency)
This is a rare and exciting opportunity with fantastic long-term career prospects, my client actively promotes and encourage promotion with the company, both in UK & overseas.
If you have questions before applying, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa Tancock who will be happy to discuss in more detail.
- Building Surveying