Calling all sports teachers.
Are you an experienced BTEC Sports teacher?
Do you want to work for an award winning charity?
Yes? Read on.
Our client is looking for an absolute professional who has the determination to encourage the highest quality of learning.
30 hours per week (term time only)
To £25k plus benefits
This role will be required to teach and be responsible for the full delivery of the BTEC Level 2/3 Extended Diploma in Sport to our BTEC beneficiaries. The post holder will be required to teach, plan, mark and co-ordinate various aspects of the programme and act as a positive role model at all times.
We are looking for a highly organised and proactive individual who is able to bring drive and energy to the team. Applicants must hold an appropriate degree in a related area (PGCE or recognised teaching qualification). Successful candidates will have knowledge, understanding and experience of teaching the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in sport.
Leadership of Teaching and Learning
- To teach and be responsible for the full delivery of BTEC Level 2/3 Extended Diploma in Sport to the BTEC beneficiaries.
- To teach and be responsible for the delivery of functional skills in both numeracy and literacy up to and including level 2.
- To have a clear vision as to how the subject and units should be taught.
- To fully participate in and contribute to the pastoral support programmes of AITC as well as take on the role of tutor.
- To implement e-learning strategies to support a variety of teaching and learning styles.
- To maintain all appropriate records and report regularly via written reports and parents’ consultation evenings.
- To maintain a positive learning environment across the subject and using subject behaviour management procedures as appropriate.
- To undertake any staff development (CPD) relevant to the needs of the post.
- To identify underachieving pupils and ensure appropriate intervention.
- To act as a positive role model at all times and develop and maintain high standards for teaching and learning within the department.
- To ensure that work is marked in accordance with the education provider guidelines to ensure timely feedback to students.
- To implement and contribute to the organisation and development of the curriculum offer within the subject area.
- To develop an appropriate curriculum for all students, ensuring that statutory regulations and Awarding Body requirements are met, and that students are motivated, stretched and challenged.
Managing Partnerships and Contracts
- To comply with the agreed quality assurance measures of the programme area and the education provider with the aim of maximising the achievement and progression of all students.
- To maintain a positive relationship with the Regional Manager from the education provider in conjunction with the BTEC Programme Manager.
- To maintain and monitor funding received from contracts and report to Line Manager.
- To ensure an effective, high quality learning programme is in place for each course for which the post is responsible - including schemes of work, induction materials, lesson plans, course delivery details, assessment procedures and practical / match day activities.
- To participate actively in all aspects of the work, contribute to the smooth running of the programme area and actively contribute to the enrichment opportunities for learners.
- To monitor and maintain appropriate records/data related to MTG’s, attainment, achievement and attendance.
- To participate in programme meetings in accordance with course requirements with staff team.
- To communicate, co-operate and, where appropriate, collaborate with other departments within AITC.
- To promote and develop high quality teaching and learning.
- To ensure you report accurately and positively to parents, through written reports and parents’ evening consultations.
- To develop marketing activities/materials.
- To develop and maintain relationship liaison with feeder schools.
- To attend recruitment events within catchment area for Year 10 and Year 11’s in feeder schools.
- To contribute subject information for newsletter, website, match programmes and recruitment events as required.
- To use resources available within the department to make recruitment as positive and successful as possible.
General Duties and Accountabilities
- To support the company in their aims and objectives at all times
- To ensure compliance with all relevant Club policies, including health and safety policies
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
- To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when the company.
- To keep confidential any information gained regarding the Charity, Club and its personnel
- To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times
To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
Does this sound like a perfect job for you?