We are seeking BSL experienced Teaching Assistants to work in one of our client schools based in Wandsworth.
Special Needs School based in south west London, with pupils aged years 11-19 with Hearing Impairment and other complex needs. The school is very passionate in improving the progression and comfort for every student. They have a strong and organised team which offers a stable and supportive environment.
Responsibilities include working closely with pupils of SEN in groups or 1:1, working closely with staff to maintain and improve the social, emotional, physical and learning needs for pupils. As a confident BSL Teaching Assistant you will be able to tailor your approach to suit each student's requirements. You will be focusing on communication, engagement and distraction techniques to optimise learning and maximise comfort for every pupil. You will also be required to help during lunch time to support and supervise students.
What you will need to succeed:
• Qualification in BSL Level 3 or above. (Preferred Qualification – Level 3 Certificate in Communication Support for Deaf Learners).
• Passion for working with Deaf children and championing their education and well-being.
• High level of numeracy and literacy (GCSE's at Grade C or equivalent in Maths and English) and good IT skills.
• The ability to support a Deaf child through high quality BSL so that they can fully access classroom learning.
• Recent experience supporting deaf pupils with their studies in education and an understanding of the different needs of deaf learners.
• Some knowledge of SEN.
• Enthusiasm, commitment and resilience.
• High expectations of all our children regardless of need.
• Flexibility and a commitment to team-working.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff and students.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with; competitive rates of pay, 24/7 access to your managing consultant, access to Reed Rewards with hundreds of discounts all over the UK, and also you will have first hand pick of the vacancies you want to be put forward for with access to a huge ranging of opportunities all over West London Boroughs.
At Reed we want to ensure that you find the job that is the perfect fit for you. Our consultants are understanding, flexible and incredibly knowledgeable in their fields and are there to assist you in successfully moulding your teaching career.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, and believe that you would be interested in continuing your teaching career in this school then please apply by sending you’re most up to date CV
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job