An established Lloyd’s broker are currently looking to recruit a Broker Backup technician to join their successful team based in the City of London EC3 area .This is a well respected Lloyd’s insurance broker that prides themselves on the service they provide.
Suitable candidates for the position will already have gained 18 – 24 months experience working in a broker backup or underwriting assistant role and will be looking for a new challenge within a respected Lloyd’s broker.
You will need to be able to cope with a busy work environment dealing with varied tasks throughout the day.
Reporting directly to the Claims and Technician manager you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Produce and process open market slips and assist with binding authorities.
- Produce slips/endorsements, cover notes, policy schedules, debit notes and monthly lineslip declarations.
- Back up broking (initially endorsements)
- Manage Atlas and Lineage
- Daily use of A&S systems
- Liaise with claims team on claims issues & reports
- Keeping track of all binder renewals, reviewing performance and sending renewal notices and chasers
- Premium payment chasing
- Compliance with Procedures and Regulatory requirements
- General administration
- Maintain required records, reports, and files in an organised manner and present these to senior management as and when required.
- Dealing with any ad hoc duties
This is a pivotal position within the company and therefore demands a responsible attitude. All round broker support experience is essential as is a confidence with computers. Ideally you will be part ACII qualified.
The ideal candidate will need to have strong computer skills and have experience using the Brokasure system. Good communicational and organisational skills are also essential.
Other desirable skills are:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel and Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates.
Our client is committed to continuous professional education and will offer study support when required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job