Bridging Underwriter, Permanent, Hertfordshire
Salary £40k-£45k + Bonus + Benefits
My Client are an established Lender looking to recruit a Bridging Underwriter to join their busy lending operation as they are experiencing significant growth and recent new investment has allowed them to take advantage of launching new products into the market.
This new role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking specialist lender that is experiencing huge growth and success.
The role will take responsibility for underwriting new loan applications across the Bridging / Development Finance team.
This role offers the successful candidate the chance to join an exciting growing business and benefit from the opportunities that this brings.
My client is willign to consider candidates from other lendign backgrounds that would like the opporutnity to get into Bridging.
- Underwriting and assessing loan documentation, including valuation reports and requesting additional information from brokers where required, highlighting any concerns
- Assessment and approval of mortgage, buy to let and secured loan applications within underwriting policy and individual lending mandate.
- Accurately assess the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the mortgage is both affordable and sustainable.
- Understand and assess credit reports, documentation relating to verification of employment/self-employment and valuation reports
- Hold an underwriting mandate and the ability to confidently approve/reject applications in line with policy
- Proactive chasing of outstanding information from third parties and timely updates to introducers to enable service excellence
- Recommending and referring cases to Credit Committee where credit committee approval required.
- Liaising with Introducers, Valuer’ s and Solicitors
- Overseeing cases from inception through to completion
- Data Management
- Current underwriting experience or loan processing experience
- Ce-Map qualified desirable
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Flexible with a positive approach to teamwork
If interested, then please apply without delay
- Development Financing
- Mortgage Lending
- Mortgage Underwriting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"