Bridging / Development Finance Underwriter - London
Salary up to 55kk depending on experience+ Bonus + Benefits
An established Lender who are looking to expand their existing Bridging and Development Finance team are looking for an experienced Underwriter.
This new role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking specialist lender that is experiencing huge growth and success.
Following the lenders’ recent business growth this role has been created to expand a new funding line. The role will also take responsibility for underwriting new Bridging and Development Finance applications.
This exciting opportunity offers the successful candidate the chance to join an established and growing business and benefit from the opportunities that this brings.
The Company are experiencing good growth and the market is extremely buoyant, as this company continue to expand there will be excellent opportunity for career progression.
- To underwrite approved development loan applications and some bridging cases within company lending criteria and within personal lending mandate
- Ensure that the principles of the ESIS or DIP are adhered to, in full, throughout the processing of the application.
- Accurately assess the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the loan is both suitable and fit for purpose
- Communicate effectively with relevant parties on the loan building successful working relationships with clients, solicitors and valuers.
- Understand and assess credit reports, documentation relating to verification of employment/self-employment and valuation reports
- Have the confidence to approve/reject applications in line with policy and to communicate your decision to interested parties
- Follow and keep up to date with current best practice and regulatory requirements in line with company training.
- Manage a pipeline of cases in a fast -paced environment
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to compliance.
- Minimum of 2 year’ s experience in a mandated Property Underwriting role
- Current mandate holder
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Flexible with a positive approach to teamwork
- PC Literate with Microsoft Office
If interested, then please aply without delay for an immediate interview
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job