Bridging & Development Finance Underwriters - London - £40- £55k
Two very similar lending operations are both keen to appoint underwriters.
As a Bridging/Development Underwriter, the role will involve managing the process to completion and be accountable for the receipt and examination of all necessary information to ensure that accurate and competitive quotes are produced for the customer, whilst remaining profitable for the client.
Developing a full understanding and knowledge of the compliance requirements, company policies and departmental procedures pertaining to your role as specified in your contract of employment, Employee Handbook, Compliance Manual and other relevant documents and acting in accordance with the standards, instructions laid out in, and the spirit of, those documents at all times.
- Responding to incoming customer/broker telephone calls, identifying and meeting customer requirements and providing polite, professional and accurate responses.
- Tactfully chasing applicants for any outstanding documentation required to complete their application.
- Contacting applicants/brokers if their application is to be declined/accepted to fully explain rationale in a positive and professional manner.
- Develop a rationale for cases where appropriate and communicate findings to the Credit Committee for their consideration.
- Embracing the principles of treating customers fairly and responsible lending in all decision making.
- Informing applicants/brokers of alternative proposals where an original request cannot be fulfilled.
- Processing a large pipeline of applications, delivering high levels of accuracy and attention to detail in data input and all written communication produced.
- Pricing loans for risk under the guidance of the Head of Underwriting.
- Assessing loans on their merits and making underwriting decisions as to whether applications proceed to offer, ensuring both internal and external expectations are managed appropriately.
- Supporting Operations telephony by providing updates and information where requested.
- Building successful working relationships with external contacts and internal teams to ensure all lending requirements are satisfied prior to release of funds.
- Completing all related underwriting and administration activities including chasing required documentation in order to complete customer applications.
- Updating brokers where required as to any action taken with customer applications.
Investigation and Compliance
- Ensuring a good understanding of all of the company’s policies, procedures and compliance guidelines, installing the principles in your daily practice to protect the company from any associated risks.
- Conducting Credit Reference checks when required on all applicants.
- Identifying any inconsistencies for applicants of 'otherfactors’ that could impact a lending decision.
- Analysing key items such as credit searches, bank statements, financial accounts, property valuations and business appraisals to support loan applications to enable decisions in line with Company policy.
- Requesting further information from applicants where necessary.
- Discovering any discrepancies in information provided and conducting further investigation.
- Ensuring compliance including complying with Money Laundering/Fraud Prevention/Data Protection/FCA regulations and individual compliance with the company’s TCF policy.
You will need:
- Proven background in development underwriting and a good knowledge of compliance procedures within the mortgage industry.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of legal conveyancing.
- Understanding of financial accounts, valuations, monitoring reports, business appraisals and credit searches.
- Understanding of build contracts, build times, costings and planning.
- The ability to deliver exceptional customer service and create a positive customer experience.
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong initiative with excellent problem solving skills.
- Good team player and able to work on own initiative.
For full details of these positions, please apply in confidence to Coast Specialist Recruitment.
- development finance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"