We have a fantastic opportunity for a Breakfast Chef to join the team at our client’s prestigious hotel in the Lake District.
The successful candidate will prepare, cook and serve breakfast and all types of vegetables to the required standard.
You must be passionate about food with previous experience of working within a high-quality environment. This role provides a unique opportunity within a successful and expanding organisation, which encourages professional development and offers excellent long-term career prospects.
What you will be doing on a weekly basis:
- To ensure that the preparation, cooking and service of all items of food on the current breakfast menu, ensuring that the standard is met.
- Carry out all the service of breakfast, to include the traying-up of the required quantity of bacon, sausages, tomatoes etc.
- Prepare, cook and serve various egg dishes, porridge, or any other dishes that may be required.
- Slice cold meat, cut fruit and prepare compotes required for the cold buffet, maintaining constant fresh items from day to day.
- Prepare, cook and serve as required for the menu each day, keeping a close check on quantities while maintaining a sumptuous appearance.
- Ensure that the highest standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness of attire are maintained always, and that working surfaces, utensils and equipment are kept clean and in working order at all times. Defective equipment must be reported to the senior Chef on duty.
- To be fully aware of the Hygiene Regulations and the Fire Precautions in the hotel kitchen and to know the whereabouts of extinguishers and equipment and how to work them.
- Assist colleagues in stocking up when necessary.
- Smooth running of all aspects of the kitchen and back of house areas
- Accepting deliveries, in accordance the Food Safety Regulations, ensuring strict stock rotation
- Recent experience as a Breakfast Chef.
- Food Hygiene certificate.
- Flexible attitude to working hours and variable shift patterns.
- Interest and passion for the food industry.
- NVQ level 1&2 or equivalent as a minimum.
Key Skills required:
- Team Player.
- Customer service focused.
- Calm under extreme pressure.
- Willing to learn and develop.
The benefits you'll receive as a Breakfast Chef
- Straight shifts and 45 hour working week.
- Food on duty.
- Uniform supplied and laundered.
- New hotel and brand-new kitchen.
- A Beautiful location right on the Lake
- Excellent career prospects in an ever-expanding organisation
- Special rates for you and your family to stay at the Hotel
With an opportunity to learn all aspects of kitchen work, why wouldn’t you want to work here? Please apply now.
Please be aware that we will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72 hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions.
Contempo Recruitment is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job