At Celestra, we are talented specialists in delivering IT services to the Hospitality and Retail industries. With teams spread across the UK we deliver an exceptional customer experience and speed of delivery which is second to none.
We understand the essential ingredients required to build strong, long term partnerships. In an industry that never sleeps we are fully committed and on-hand to serve solutions, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Thanks to the collective efforts of our people, Celestra enjoys a strong and growing position in the marketplace working with and trusted by some of the best and biggest brand names in the industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Break-Fix Engineer to join us, on a permanent basis. In return, we offer a competitive salary of between £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (banded according experience) and benefits to include 28 days holiday increasing to 33 after completion of 3 years (inclusive of bank holidays), Caprica benefits including gym membership, shopping vouchers, Employee assistance programme, contributory pension, flu vaccinations and bonus scheme.
The Break-Fix Engineer is a field based role, so you will be expected to travel throughout the UK. The right candidate will also be provided with a company vehicle and a fuel card.
Duties will include:
- Replacing faulty chip & pin devices, tills, Epos and IT hardware
- Configuration of this equipment (scripted)
- Investigating and trouble shooting hardware/cabling problems on site
- Completing callouts in a timely and efficient manner to ensure we maintain our SLAs
- Completing iAuditor documentation in a timely manner for review by the Project Teams
The successful candidate will:
- Experience and knowledge of cabling infrastructure (specifically CAT5e/CAT6, terminating & patching)
- Knowledge of switches and ports (labelling/tracing)
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of IT Break-Fix installations ideally within the retail and hospitality industry
- Be a self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to 'get the job done’
- Have experience of configuration and commissioning of IT equipment
- Have the ability to remain calm and professional at all times in what can be on occasions a stressful environment
- Be computer literate
- Excellent communication skills, the role will involve working alongside other Engineers and liaising with the customer
- Possess excellent organisational skills in a multi-tasking environment
- Able to work efficiently and complete all relevant documentation accurately
- Take ownership and assume responsibility
- CSCS/ECS card holder
- Full driving licence
Hours of work:
- 40 hours per week + overtime
- Customer Service
- Break Fix