Link Asset Services, part of the Link Group, currently has a Breach Monitoring Associate opportunity available within our growing IT team. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our Compliance Monitoring team in our Leeds office as we continue to build on our ambition to be the leading provider in the share plans space.
We are part of Link Group, a leading global provider of financial administration solutions. As one of Europe’s leading asset servicing platforms, Link Asset Services interacts with almost 6m investors, administering and safeguarding £600bn of assets across 10 highly regulated markets.Job Description
A Breach Monitoring Associate role with Link Asset Services has arisen. Reporting to the Compliance Monitoring Manager, within a busy Compliance Department, you will have responsibility for the management and control of the Incidents and Breaches Register currently maintained on an Excel spread sheet.
The core purpose of this team is to ensure that we have completeness and accuracy on the reporting of breaches and incidents within our organisation so we can ensure we are appropriately reporting and meeting obligations to our Depositaries and the FCA.
The maintenance of the register should allow at any time for the progress of a breach to be tracked; the reporting to our various depositaries, clients and senior management on the status and volumes of breaches ensuring breaches are resolved. It should also allow for other related reporting, the identification of any trends and compensation payments.
Another element of the role is to ensure monitoring of various reports to identify any late trades which in turn will need to be logged on the register and validated with our Investment managers.
What you will do:
As a member of a busy breaches analytics team, on a day to day basis you will:
Complete and update Incidents and Breach details submitted to the department from business areas.
Specifically this will include:
- Initial keying of breaches to the current system and the allocation of a breach number
- Collation of final paperwork on breaches when received from the business area, and updating of register
- Review of the paperwork and allocation of the appropriate rule reference ensuring any potential Client Money/Client Asset cases are identified at the earliest and notified to key stakeholders
- Where a material pricing error has occurred ensure completion of price rework and compensation payments as required
- Follow up and closure of final breach notifications issued to Clients or Depositaries
- Managing a group mail box
- Updating of register to track progress of when a breach is complete
- Production and issue of chaser reports to the business areas on outstanding cases
- Reporting on details of breaches to depositaries, clients, or the regulator
- Production of weekly and monthly reports to senior management outlining the levels of current outstanding breaches and compensation paid.
- Production of weekly, fortnightly and monthly reports for operational stakeholders, Investment Managers and Depositaries
- The analysis of trends and errors and requesting feedback on these from the business
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Qualifications and Skills
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English at grade A-C
- Ability to think laterally and apply previous experience to new problems & displays adaptability to change
- Ability to manage workload in order to meet deadlines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office packages
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to identify and correct errors, and learns from mistakes to prevent any future reoccurrence
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong analytical and numerate skills as well as an "enquiring mind" particularly with regard to attention to detail.
- Proven IT skills in the creation and management of spreadsheets and macros
- Within the first six months from recruitment, must be willing to study and attain the IOC Introduction to Securities and Investment (ISI)
- IOC qualification
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Experience of working within the Financial Services industry
- Experience of working in a fast paced & high pressure environment
- Understanding of the FCA Handbook