Company: The Pull Agency
Location: Shalford, Guildford, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 (Dependant on experience)
This is a Senior Front-line role which requires substantial marketing skills and experience.
It involves two principle aspects:
To work on client Brand Strategy and Development.
To author and manage Paul’s own marketing programmes.
Pull is a digital, modern creative agency delivering brand development. Pull was born in 2008 and has grown to over 20 people today. We have in-house design, development and digital marketing teams and do our best work when those teams combine to build our clients’ business and brand.
We provide clients with a new sort of agency construct that brings together, with integrity and consistency, the worlds of strategic brand development and design, with technology at the core.
Pull works for big brands that include Schwarzkopf, Right Guard and Pritt Stick, but our sweet spot is challenger brands who need to build brand love and deliver better business performance.
Our brand development work is led by our Managing Director who provides brand strategy that informs much of our creative design and marketing campaigns.
Increasing demand for brand development work means that Pull needs an experienced marketer to work alongside our MD. While Pull has established brand development approaches and methodologies, and the recruit would be trained in these, we are looking to add a diversity of experience and thinking to our established brand approach.
The position will probably suit someone who has played a significant role for a mid-large size FMCG brand (although it is possible that they may come from a different background).
Candidates will probably have a minimum of 10 years’ marketing experience. Ideally this might include agency experience as well as client-side. However, experience of working in a recognised, disciplined marketing environment is more critical than agency experience. Experience of managing agencies from a client perspective is essential.
The recruit would also take direct responsibility for the Pull Agency’s own marketing planning and ongoing marketing.
Brand Strategist Requirements:
- Substantial brand marketing experience with a significant FMCG brand or similar.
- Knowledge of marketing theory and established approaches to analysing brand performance and developing brands.
- Experience in setting up, running and analysing market research.
- The Brand Strategist must have experience in marketing strategy and campaign development.
- Experience in all aspects of digital marketing: search marketing, social media marketing, email marketing etc.
- Creating a digital content calendar and ensuring production of all digital content.
- Tracking and reporting on Pull Agency marketing performance vs. key agreed metrics.
- Internal communications - own communication programme to ensure all Pull staff are well informed about key marketplace, competitor and Pull activities.
- Developing and organising key brand collateral for use in pitches.
- Developing research programmes for client projects including organising and recruiting for research, setting up online surveys, conducing phone interviews, analysing research outcomes and setting up and helping to run focus groups.
- Developing Brand Blueprints (a Pull approach to brand development) for clients.
- Liaising with Pull creative (design) Director and team to identify creative solutions to client challenges.
- Developing brand strategies.
- Developing complete marketing plans for clients including budgets, timetables and campaigns.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing client pitches for brand development.
- Organising client research programmes.
- Creating client Brand Blueprints.
- Client brand strategy and campaign formulation.
- Pull marketing execution.
- Pull Marketing performance reporting.
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Competent in use of MS Office applications: Word, esp. Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Highly analytical and familiar with Google Analytic.
- Understanding all aspects of brand management.
- Understanding all aspects of digital marketing.
- Understanding of how an agency operates.
- Team player.
Have worked in an agency.
Pull is based in a charismatic former school house in Shalford on the south side of Guildford. We have ample staff car parking (although many staff cycle to work) and good connections via the A3 and to London via Guildford station.
We take pride in a 'work hard - play hard’ culture, with an active calendar of social events and both a Summer and Christmas party.
We also offer big company benefits including pension, private medical health care, a profit-share scheme, service-related extra holiday days, childcare vouchers and cycle-to-work scheme.
Agencies: This role is being managed by Job Board Direct / DCA Recruitment, for more information please contact Amy.
- Brand Management
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job