You are a designer that makes brands really sing. You have branding in your blood - a day without making new marks and developing big ideas is a day wasted. Nothing escapes your attention, from the biggest statement to the smallest detail. And it all has to tell a great story. You dream in typefaces, motifs and visuals and wake up every day wanting to make the world a more beautiful place. Then go make it happen.
You’ll be tasked with pushing the creative development of all our existing and future hotel brands and report directly to the Creative Lead. You’ll be given the keys to a household name and the opportunity to bring to life household names of the future. You’ll work on everything from idents to guidelines to comms to wayfaring and influence the look/feel of our brands from top to bottom. All done alongside some of the best minds in the business and for a company that genuinely cares about its customers, its people and the world around it.
- Deliver standout brand communications design across a huge range of media e.g. POS/ePOS, signage, livery, physical environment graphics/displays etc
- Development of brand visual execution to increase appeal, effectiveness and efficiency of all our existing and future brands
- Capturing and communicating that visual development through continual refinement and evolution of our brand guidelines
- Collaborating with a range of different roles and skills, internally and externally
- Championing our brand visual aesthetic but also continually challenging it
- A seasoned designer with a heavy focus on branding and brand communications
- Passionate about delivering standout work with real impact
- Highly-skilled in all the standard software (but just as handy with pen and paper)
- Highly-experienced in designing for large consumer brands across entire customer journeys (print, digital, physical, experiential, service)
- Well-rounded from getting lots of things right but also getting some things wrong
- A team player who loves to collaborate at all levels
- Open, genuine, hard-working and fun
Who we are
We’re the UK's largest hotel chain with over 750 sites the length and breadth of the country. We’re also top-rated – we’re Which? #1 Recommended Hotel Provider and have received TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence awards for 621 of our hotels. We’re global too with a growing network of hotels in Germany and the Middle East and with a new innovative, urban brand in the shape of hub by Premier Inn.
We’re also part of Whitbread, the UK's leading hospitality company, and share a home with coffee kings Costa and leading restaurants such as Beefeater. Whitbread is a FTSE 100 company with a great commercial track record and a global footprint. We also have a very positive impact on the work supporting a huge range of social and environmental initiatives – we support Great Ormond Street Hospital in a big way and have raised over £7.5m to build a new state-of-the–art clinical building.