At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath-taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Global Marketing Director, we now have an exciting opportunity for a proactive individual to join the Brand Events team within the Marketing Services department at McLaren Automotive (MAL) on a fixed term basis. Based at McLaren’s global headquarters in Woking, Surrey, the Brand Events Manager (MAT Cover) will play a key role in McLaren’s next major global product launches.
- Drive strategic planning of the Brand Event calendar, working with the product/launch team to strategize timing, location and scope of events for each phase of product launches. Managing changes and knock-on effects in the case of launch changes/delays.
- Manage all projects through to director approval of the "proposal phase" which includes: project plan (defined timings, agency requirements and stakeholder/ internal customers) objectives, location, venue(s), programme, vehicle selection,
- Manage critical elements throughout the entirety of a project including budget, content and creative.
- Direct project management of allocated Brand Events from concept creation and planning, to on-location event operation and delivery
- Work hand in hand with the central Brand Management team at HQ to ensure adherence to worldwide Launch Plan
- Work with the Regional Marketing teams in the implementation and operation of events in each market
- Manage all deliverables and supervise the relationship with the appointed Event Agency on a global basis
- Ensure compliance to McLaren Brand values and event standards in all Brand Events activity company-wide.
- Generate excellent exposure and experience of the McLaren Automotive Brand and its products in line with the overall product launch and communication strategy.
- Direct all aspects of event management, including:
- Event creation, layout and design
- Event flow and content (run-of-show)
- Event Logistics (transport, accommodation, travel, etc)
- Event staff (briefings, uniforms etc)
- VIP experience
- On-event management and operation
- Coordinate on-event movements of all staff and executives, working closely with staff attending, Executive assistants, Team & Travel, and guest logistics agencies where appropriate
- Collaborate with Brand and Merchandising teams to produce event assets in line with event objectives and brand guidelines
- Liaise with vehicle fleet team to coordinate vehicle movements and technical support from load-in through to load-out
- Develop working relationships with all event agencies, maintaining regular communication
- Act as brand guardian and ensure all activities clearly demonstrate the McLaren brand values
- Create Event Project updates and reviews for central and regional reporting
- Liaise with the CRM and Regional teams to create all external event communications and event registration, monitor and report progress throughout
- Liaise with central and regional teams to implement an internal event communications plan
Event Budget Management
- Plan, manage, control and reconcile budget for the overall Project as well as each individual event
- Effectively track overall budget and line items in support of overall strategy
- Support supplier negotiation and approval
- Ensure all financial approval and tracking is completed
- Conduct post-event reconciliation audits
Relevant Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- University Degree qualification
- Extensive experience of Event Management and Organisation experience in the luxury segment, preferably in the automotive sector
- Experience managing a team of direct reports, as well as multiple stakeholders at an executive level
- Experience in managing agencies and suppliers, working closely with purchasing to develop productive relationships
- Extensive budget management skills
- Excellent and influential communicator with equivalent negotiation skills
- Experience and/or significant understanding of the Super Luxury Automotive sector
- Comfortable handling communication with customers and HNWI, written and verbal
- Process oriented with excellent planning, organisational and administrative skills
- A clear understanding of, and passion for, the McLaren Brand is a key requirement
- Experience leading and managing large operational teams
- Project management experience and ability to manage multiple projects and supplier
- Excellent people management skills
- Great attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal and presentation attributes
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions, ability to work in a team
- Language - fluent in English, with additional languages being advantageous
- Highly self-motivated and able to motivate and influence others
- A natural implementer, energetic and highly focused
- Flexible and self-disciplined, with a great ability to adapt in rapid changing environments
- Knowledge of McLaren’s racing and road car heritage will be an advantage
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of processes and technologies and have an entrepreneurial mind-set, join us at the heart of an exciting journey apply now to be part of cutting edge pioneering projects.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job