Exciting paid internships with a great brand
We are looking for a bright & energetic individual that can contribute to the success of a revolutionary brand.
Born from a simple idea at a music festival, Gandys was created by brothers Rob and Paul who had a very bohemian upbringing travelling and volunteering all over the world. The brothers wanted to create something unique and driven by their personal passion after the tragic loss of their parents in the Boxing Day Tsunami whilst the family was travelling. In just over a year Gandys have made their way onto the pages of fashion magazines, been spotted on celebrities from Jessie J to Jessica Alba, picked up a global fashion award, and even had Sir Richard Branson along with recognition from Prince William and Prince Harry.
The "Orphans for Orphans" mission, which supports children in need of basic essentials such as nutrition, shelter and education has already started to make an impact by funding children's homes in Malawi & Sri Lanka and the vision is to open them all around the world.
The brand has exploded over the last 12 months as we now not only have flip flops to offer as this was the initial product, but we also now offer other beach accessories and a full men’s and women’s clothing collection. It’s a crazy but enjoyable time for us, so we need some outgoing, reliable people to work alongside the small but super talented Gandys team in which we can work with you to hopefully also become key members of the team. You will spend time with senior members of the HQ team, as well as working independently, and using your initiative. This is a paid Internship which could easily lead into a full time career in Gandys for the right people.
We have two new stores opening in iconic locations, Covent Garden and Camden. This is why we need people to really help create the thearte and drive awareness for these huge moments for the brand.
We require help with all of the following:
- Brand Collaborations & Partnerships for events & products
- Working with Bloggers with events and general awareness
- General PR across (i.e. TV, Radio, Web, Magazines, Newspapers)
- Gifting Programme & Product Placement
- Attending music festivals this summer
- Relationships building with celebs & stylists
- Delivering launch events in stores or pop ups
- Cold calling to increase brand awareness
- Store assistance ( These are our main sales channels so we need to ensure they are managed well)
- Stock taking within store
- Events within our stores and sharing the brand story with customers
- Feeding back to HQ on any Marketing, Promotions within store
- Sharing the brand ethos with as many people as possible
- Sales driven
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes
- Strong English and writing skills
- Positive attitude, energetic approach, team player and self-motivation are essential
- Be self motivated and organised
- Have a 'work hard' ethic and be punctual
- Never to say that’s not in my job description
- Excellent relationships with key journalists, influencers and stylists (Would be helpful)
What you can expect to gain from this experience:
- Great training
- Uniform Allowance
- Platform to get involved on lots of exciting projects
- See your ideas actually being put into play
- Hands on training
- International Travel Depending on your role - Someone since interning has been on photoshoots to Morocco and Iceland so you never know
- The chance to work with high profile people
- Staff Activities - This year a team trip abroad, kayaking and a weekend in Cornwall, beach volleyball
- Opportunity to progress into a full-time career with an exciting brand
Gandys is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of merit.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"