Job Family: Support Staff - Service
Location: Newport, Gwent
Pay Rate (£): 30,770
Vacancy Reference: 024270
We are looking for a talented trainer to join our team and participate in the delivery of training to a team of individuals delivering great care in community settings. You will be responsible for ensuring all community employees are trained in line with legislation, contractual agreements, Policy and Procedure and individual need.
As a trainer you should have a thorough knowledge of the Care Act and other legislation applicable to delivering community care. You will work in partnership with Learning and Development department, Branch Manager and Operations Manager. You should be able to work within a team and on your own initiative delivering training and developing bespoke training packages in line with the needs of the People we Support.
- To support the Branch Manager and to work as a member of the team in developing and fulfilling training strategies for the DCA Office which in turn will support its business objectives.
- To take the lead role and actively participate in the planning, implementation, delivery and associated support / assessment of all relevant training. Ensure all training methods are utilised including E learning, face to face, practical training and coaching etc throughout the DCA Office to meet the company objectives.
- To actively participate in the delivery of training ensuring development opportunities for staff within the DCA Office, ensuring the most effective use of resources and appropriateness of delivery.
- Plan, coordinate, deliver, monitor and record all new staff ‘inductions’ within their probationary period. Liaising direct with their line manager and care coordinators to ensure probation meetings and supervision meetings are planned, occur and are recorded.
- To provide advice, support and guidance to the Branch Manager on all relevant matters and to assist with the development of new staff throughout the DCA Office team.
- To contribute to all aspects of training, assessment and competency throughout the DCA Office to ensure a fully qualified workforce, compliant with National Minimum Standards, regulatory requirements and Policy and Procedure.
- To monitor the staff team for training compliance and to prompt the refreshing of all mandatory subjects and company requirement learning as and when required. Working in partnership with the coordinators to ensure scheduling of training time occurs.
- To identify all classroom based training required and to book places for the relevant staff on available dates.
- To mentor all “New to Care” staff through the Care Certificate during their induction period, ensuring observations and assessments are completed and recorded to evidence competence
- To support care staff to apply for relevant HSC Diplomas and to support their progress in partnership with the Learning and Development Department.
- To develop innovative, flexible and appropriate initiatives to meet the Company’s training needs.
- Work in partnership with external stakeholders to support staff to access local training and bespoke training based on individual’s needs.
- To liaise with the National Learning and Development Department ensuring training programmes are in place, available locally to meet individual and service need requirements; and are reviewed in line with current practice and trends.
So make a great career move. It begins with your application!
Role Specific Requirements -
Driver: Flexible on Driver Requirement