Branch Manager /Traffic Manager / Customer Services
Colchester offices up to £30,000 plus Bonus, Company car and benefits etc
Our client a leading courier service company is currently looking for a branch manager to develop effective transport plans and control resources ensuring customer and business requirements are achieved. The role is working in a busy environment and to help manage and co-ordinate the office day to day includes:
- To manage the sourcing and booking of vehicles in line with company procedures.
- To develop and control an agreed amount of resources (vehicles, drivers) ensuring all legal constraints are adhered to (Weight limits, Working Time Directive and EU drivers’ hours regulations)
- Negotiating prices with subcontract drivers
- To build a reference portfolio of vehicles and drivers
- Produce effective transport plans guided by the operating model
- Effective management of drivers through on-going communication supplemented by the use of Navigator analysis screen
- Ensure that internal tracking system housekeeping is completed to the required standards
- Understanding and achieving specific targets regarding required margin, costs per mile and utilisation
- Review allocated customers making sure that work is planned to time and correct equipment is efficiently utilised
- Constantly communicate with customer services and drivers to ensure customer KPI targets achieved and maintained
- Managing the office day to day
You will have ideally have experience in:
- Awareness of Relevant Legislation
- Excel / PowerPoint presentations skills.
- Experience with the transport sector within the UK
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to join a company and to become and a branch manager, it’s a small office so lots of opportunity for progression and responsibilities, In return our client offers a salary of up to £30,000 (DOE) plus bonus, company car and benefits please apply now for an interview!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'