What you'll be doing:
Store Planning and Trade
• Create business seasonal grading and planning based on the turnover, space, cover and strategy.
• Plan and set commercial initial allocations(IAQ) aligned with planned store turnover, space, cover and strategy
• Maintain shop linear and square footage records up to date and liaise with relevant teams to action any space changes.
• Review sales by shop and grade in line with space and sales and review grading in-season accordingly(if required) to maximise in-season sales
• Analyse and review weekly trade by shop and grade versus budget and last year and propose actions
• Plan, co-ordinate and work with Buying and Merchandising to deliver new shop openings, including international
• Plan, co-ordinate and manage new shop allocations in line with company procedures.
• Propose ways to make best use of store space by analysing sales and profit densities.
• Work with retail and Buying & Merchandising teams to ensure that individual store trends are reflected through the stock package.
• Work collaboratively with Retail to contribute and influence the creation of store sales budgets in line with company strategy.
• Build and maintain relationships and work collaboratively with concession partners that proactively maximises sales.
• Build relationships and work cross functionally with Retail, Buying and Merchandising product teams and logistics.
• Carry out a minimum of 2 shop visits per month
• Working with supply chain/logistics dept to ensure best delivery day/method/frequency
• Work closely with the teams to devise allocation best practice methods.
• To plan shop distribution ensuring each store receives a credible range of merchandise.
• To oversee the use and maintenance of the distribution system by the department and review stock levels against requirements.
• Oversee the smooth flow of stock in stores, with maximising potential through initial allocation, re-assortments, and identify stock to be removed for outlets.
• Work with teams to branch merchandise product according to performance.
• Manage end to end process for Outlet planning and trading process
• Manage WSSIs for the Outlet shops
• Set budget along with Retail and Finance by shop and create seasonal range plans accordingly.
• Work cross functionally with Merchandising teams to manage terminal stock input into Outlet shop
• Review weekly trade and propose actions
• Manage and update Outlet trading stance and calendar
• Line manage Assistant Merchandiser and 6 allocator and be responsibility for all performance management and development plans.
• Working knowledge of all product areas within the business.
• Devise a shop visit reporting/analysis pack
• Liaise with VM team to ensure linear reporting maintained with any space changes
• Ensure accuracy is maintained at all levels in the departments
• Liaise with other function such as retail operations, warehouse, marketing to maximise sales through effective communication.
• Regular store and DC visits.
• To undertake any other tasks or projects requested by management
What you'll need:
• Previous experience working as a Merchandiser or Junior Merchandiser (inc. WSSI management) on a product area as well as in Branch Merchandising
• Experience working within a ‘blue chip’ environment beneficial
• Experience working in a fast paced environment with the ability to manage and prioritise workload
• Can demonstrate how to implement new merchandising processes and procedures in the past
• To be confident and assertive and communicate and have the ability to communicate at all levels including director
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job