M&J Seafood is the UK’s largest independent fish and seafood supplier. We are passionate about supplying customers with the freshest fish and seafood from local ports and world markets in a sustainable way. We also offer the largest range of fresh and frozen fish & seafood, a bespoke filleting service and unrivalled expert advice, which is why we are the chef’s first choice.Plus we are not alone, M&J Seafood is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including Fresh Direct, Wild Harvest and Freshfayre.
To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.
Scope of the Role
This is a commercial position, where the Branch Manager will lead a multi-million pound established branch, with plenty of scope for growth in the foodservice industry. Accountable for delivering P&L in line with the agreed budget and have responsibility for driving quality and service across the branch.The role of Branch Manager is key to developing and managing commercial and operational initiatives to realise strategic plans.
- Lead, energise and develop c50-60 branch colleagues to promote a culture of continuous improvement and customer growth
- Work in partnership with all Sales colleagues in line with our 'Better as One’ ethos to leverage available sales opportunities
- Responsible for continuously developing the business as a long term viable operation
- Ensuring the branch operates within the boundaries of industry legislation and internal company procedures including Health and Safety, Food Safety, Transport and Employment legislation
To succeed in this role, the Branch Manager will have:
- Management experience in the FMCG industry, with an understanding of supply chain and lean operational management, ideally within food service
- Driven by sales and comfortable in front of customers
- Demonstrable record of effective people management and developing others
- Passion for food, with an interest in the seafood industry
- Experience of managing P&L accounts in line with budget
- Be flexible and adaptable with a change mind set, with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Build effective relationships and demonstrate good communication and listening skills
- Deliver business results through operational effectiveness and customer engagement
In return we offer a competitive base salary, a company car or car allowance, an annual bonus and a contributory pension scheme.
- Branch Manager
- Customer Engagement
- Food Industry
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'