A Branch Manager is needed to work within a thriving business based in Colchester. The right individual can expect a competitive salary of £18,000 - £20,000, depending on experience, (+ bonus for hitting store sales targets). Working on a split shift rota which is Monday – Friday 7.30am – 4.30pm or 8am to 5pm (days working alone will be 7.30am- 5pm) Saturday 9.00am – 5.00pm, closed Sunday.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Monitor all sales activity ensuring sales are completed promptly and customers are kept informed of any delays or other issues
- Monitor sales and margin achievement against target and report regularly to team leader explaining performance and trends
- Motivate staff to achieve targets
- Regularly appraise staff performance, maintaining up to date personal development plans.
- Maintain branch merchandising to standard, ensuring correct staffing of branch at all times, supporting other branches where possible and necessary
- Train staff in correct procedures, selling skills and product knowledge
- Maintain agreed stock levels to support trade sales
- Responsible for ensuring stock is dealt with using company procedures in and out of branch, ensuring stock is rotated accordingly to avoid out of date write off costs
- Responsible for all cash and cheque handling
- A working knowledge of Kerridge an advantage
- Will involve lifting (tiles, adhesives etc)
- Working on your own at times
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to manage their own store. This job will suit a Salesperson, perhaps someone with experience of the construction industry, who loves dealing with people in a friendly and professional way and who enjoys the challenge of aiming and achieving goals. If you would like to find out more about this role please call Jean Knappitt
. Alternatively apply online or send a current CV