Branch Manager/Colchester – Spider Recruitment Services are currently assisting this long-established company in their search for a are currently supporting this tile and stone specialist distributor in their search for a Branch Manager. The company are well established in the region and pride themselves on offering specialist advice and unrivalled service to both trade and public. The successful Retail Assistant will work to maximise sales and customer care for the branch.
You will be enthusiastic and approachable, organised and a good team player. It is essential that the Branch Manager has excellent customer service and communication skills to promote the branch and company to a high standard.
Key responsibilities of the Retail Assistant include:
- Knows who the customers are. Ensures no sales opportunity is missed. Records contact details for every visitor to the branch. Speaks to every trade customer and contact at agreed intervals and maintains evidence of this. Carries out agreed procedures for after sales customer care and anniversary follow up.
- Monitors all sales activity and ensures sales are completed promptly and customers kept informed of any delays or other issues
- Regularly achieves agreed sales and margin targets. Monitors sales and margin achievement against target and reports regularly to team leader with explanation of performance and trends. Motivates staff to achieve targets.
- Maintains awareness of competitor activity and reports to team leader
- Maintains completely up to date awareness of strengths and weaknesses of all staff and brings all issues to attention of team leader. Regularly appraises staff performance, explores and documents their feedback carefully and maintains up to date personal development plan for each member of staff and for self. Ensures agreed development activities are carried out on time.
- Maintains branch merchandising to standard set by team leader and in compliance with company policy.
- Implements agreed sales and promotional activity according to agreed timetables. Recommends sales and promotional activity to team leader
- Maintains a clean, tidy and welcoming environment throughout the branch
- Maintains a healthy and safe environment in the branch
- Ensures all staff follow standard procedures throughout the branch on consistent basis. Reports non-compliance to team leader together with explanation and corrective action proposed or taken
- Takes responsibility for ensuring correct staffing of branch at all times and supports other branches where possible and necessary
- Encourages staff to contribute ideas for branch development and brings them to attention of team leader
- Trains all staff in correct procedures, selling skills and in product knowledge
- Maintains agreed stock levels to support trade sales.
- Responsible for ensuring stock is dealt with using company procedures in and out of the branch. Ensures stock is rotated accordingly to avoid out of date write off costs. Carries out regular stock checks and reports results to team leader and the companies Head of Procurement.
- Completes weekly branch returns accurately and on time
- Ensures all cash and cheques are returned to head office by next available driver and ensures branch staff place envelope in lorry lock box.
- Manages customer complaints using company procedure, deals with the complaint within the branch and oversees until the end, informs Team Leader of all complaints.
The Branch Manager will work a 5-day week of 37.5 hours, including Saturdays no Sundays required and you will also have a day off during the week. Hours of work will be 7.30am–5pm (7.30am-4.30pm or 8.00am-5pm) A driving licence is preferred for this role although not essential. If you think you have the necessary skills and experience and this position could be for you, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible.
Additional keywords: Branch Manager, Manager, Supervisory, Sales, Customer Service, Retail Sales, Sales Representative
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider Recruitment Services Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
- Branch Manager
- Customer Service
- Retail Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job