My client is seeking a Branch Manager to plan and manage all activities of the branch under your control to ensure that all budgets/targets are achieved. To organise and manage customer base/area ensuring maximum external sales coverage to existing customers and identification of new business is met. To effectively report back to the your line managers on all targeted areas on a day to day basis within the business.
1. Manage and motivate staff, recruit staff, train and develop staff, according to company policies and employment laws, and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed (appraisals, discipline, grievance, etc).
2. Plan & report on sales, costs and business performance to the relevant department, according to company requirements.
3. To manage customer pricing policy and liaise with the Regional Manager / General Manager should higher discounts be required.
4. Organise with the remainder of the branch that order requirements for all stock items to meet sales demands. Manage and liaise with suppliers on goods return. Report all supply issues as per current requirements.
5. Manage cash, banking and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies, at all times with staff and customer safety as the uppermost priority.
6. Ensure Invoices / Sales Orders / Credit notes are entered onto the system within the set time frame.
7. Plan and implement branch merchandising, layout and customer traffic flow so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers (To include cleanliness of Internal & External areas).
8. Manage selling and customer service activities and staff competence in these areas, so as to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction, to the required service levels set in the Customer Service Charter ( Held separately )
9. Manage Daily delivery process, ensuring correct routing, despatch & collection of goods in line with company service levels & procedures. Ensuring the vehicle policy is adhered to.
10. Liaise with external agencies and authorities as necessary (recruitment, training, fire services, police, local council, health and safety inspectors, etc).
11. Liaise with and utilise support from suppliers, merchandisers and other partners as required, at all times observing authorisation levels set.
12. Manage, maintain and report as necessary all stock level discrepancies, along with accurate monitoring excess stock holdings.
13. To take overall responsibility of the keyholder Policy and the security of the building at all times.
14. Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems, capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to company policy and relevant law.
15. Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and communicate this to relevant departments in the Company.
16. Manage effective cover during holiday periods
17. Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required.
18. Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to Company approval..
19. Use customer and prospect contact tools to maximise new business, and provide updated relevant information held in these systems
20. Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed sales targets, including margins and sales by product group - especially managing personal time and productivity.
21. Plan and manage personal customer portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
22. Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims. Liaising with the Regional Manager / General Manager to ensure maximum sales/profitability is achieved.
23. Contribute to weekly branch update meetings to ensure both sales & service levels are being achieved, and both new and existing business opportunities are being maximised.
24. Although this job description covers the main duties, flexibility and team work are required in the interest of the overall business. You may therefore be required to undertake other duties as required.
Previous experience within the building merchant/trade industry would be advantageous.
We endeavour to reply to all applications, however, if you haven`t heard from us within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by Grafters Recruitment Consultants / Grafters Accountancy Personnel.
- Branch Manager
- Sales Performance
- Staff Management Experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job