THOMAS Recruitment are exclusively recruiting on behalf of a prestigious client within the Manufacturing industry in Europe. Our client is a well-established composite panel manufacturer, based in the Newport area.
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of metal working machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
The Role Responsibilities:
- Comply with all applicable safety legislation and company procedures.
- Operate machinery to fabricate, manufacture, assemble, or move products
- Monitor machine to make sure it functions properly and adjust as necessary.
- Understanding of how operated machinery works.
- Conduct visual and dimensional quality checks.
- Verify adequate materials and supplies are available to complete operations as needed
- Adjust machine as needed for changeovers, different functions, or other varying needs of production
- Maintain housekeeping standards and other tasks necessary to create a safe working environment.
- Maintain production and quality records.
- Use of power/ hand tools for various tasks.
- All aspects of the production operator role require a degree of manual handling so personnel must be physically capable of carrying out these tasks.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
No specific requirements. However, operators should be able to communicate effectively in English, have a basic level of numeracy and be able to read & understand simple technical drawings.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"