Team Brain injury are looking for a dynamic and motivated support worker to join us in supporting a very motivated 31 year old male, who lives independently in Wimborne.
Our client acquired a brain injury in 2007, which has resulted in difficulty with mobility and fatigue. He is independent with his personal care and walks with the support of a walking stick.
This position will involve supporting our client with activities of daily living and enabling him to access to the community, gym and social activities such as cycling, walking his dog and maintaining his active social life.
The shifts will be from 07.30 - 22.45 Sunday to Wednesday and 07.30 - 23.45 Thursday to Saturday, with a rate of £9.37 per hour. We are looking for support workers who are happy to pick up two shifts a week or more if required(including weekends).
Team Brain Injury Support provide care and support for clients who have an acquired brain injury. We see our staff as specialists within their role that are dedicated and professional in their approach to the work they do, to support our clients with often-complex needs. All of our clients are individuals, and have varying social needs with 24/7 support.
Our support workers perform exceptional value of care to the people we support in their own homes to live the lives they choose by supporting them with their everyday life. We are looking for Support Workers who are outgoing, have an enthusiastic and passionate approach to support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Take an active approach in the service users rehabilitation programs
- Support with planning and organising daily/weekly and monthly activities
- Promoting the service user’s independence
- Working closely with other support staff
- To identify and accurately communicate and record any observed changes
- Support and assisting with personal care needs.
- Administering Medication
The ideal candidate:
- Must be a car driver with a full clean driving license.
- Must have at least 6-12 months experience in care
- Agree to have a clean and enhanced DBS check completed at a cost of £44.00 which is to be met by the employee if you are not registered to the DBS update service
- Regular contact from your Area Manager and Care Coordinator
- The equivalent of 25 days paid holiday per year (pro rota)
- A Nurse led approach for all clinical needs
- Monthly rotas
- Full 24/7 on call service 365 days a year
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job