Liverpool City Council is looking to recruit a Brallist (28 Hours per week, term time only), the successful applicant will assist in the support and inclusion of educationally blind pupils within a mainstream school.
The successful applicant will aid the pupil to learn effectively by preparing and adapting printed texts to meet the needs of the blind pupils by:
Having a working knowledge of the Braille code in order to reproduce Braille texts as follows:-
- Using a Perkins Brailler
- Using a Braille note-taker and specialised software to translate print into Braille. (This requires knowledge of the operating procedure).
- Using an embosser.
Reproduce accurately tactile diagrams, charts, maps, plans and pictures as follows:
- Differentiating the curriculum wherever necessary to provide the child with access to the same concepts as their peers, eg: reading schemes which have been re-brailled and additional tactile materials have been added in place of pictures.
- By using a Zychem machine
- Motivating and encouraging pupils as required
- Be familiar with pupils’ needs and respond to requests at short notice and by ensuring Braille material is available in all lessons
- Translating Braille into print when required
- Liaising with class teacher.
- Checking that visually based language and concepts have been properly understood.
Please note this is a term time only contract and therefore the salary will reflect the contract type and hours per week.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'