This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading childrenswear supplier to most of the UK high street. My client specialises in designing and producing clothing for children, featuring popular 'licensed' characters from TV and Film.
They are looking for a Boyswear Designer that is a good all-rounder, who is strong across graphic, print and shape.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and talented Designer, full of enthusiasm & fresh idea's looking for a change or the next step in their career.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To design and assist the constant development and co-ordination of new product ranges, to satisfy market trends and customer needs, in keeping with the character licenses but also offering innovation and fresh approaches to design
- Designing ranges of licensed childrenswear product for Retailers ensuring that relevant deadlines are met
- Being aware of current trends and producing mood/direction boards
- Preparing sample requests and artwork for putting sampling into work with our factories
- Working closely with Sales team, attending meetings at Retail and presenting CADs/samples to buyers
- Covering Graphic Design, Garment Design and Print Design
- Design to customer/ sales brief. Work with creative flair whilst understanding prices restraints
- A good all-rounder with experience across graphic, print and shape
- Sound knowledge of garment construction essential
- Knowledge of fabrics/ printing methods and techniques essential
- Good communication skills essential - the role involves liaising with other departments within the company for example: merchandising and QA & overseas factories
- To be proficient on Mac in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Foreign Travel opportunities, working with factory sample units overseas & directional comp shopping
- Ability to think outside the box and design commercial, creative multiproduct Childrenswear
- Good team player