Bowel Cancer UK - Head of Finance
Bowel Cancer UK
Head of Finance
Kennington, Central London
This is a great opportunity to join Bowel Cancer UK as Head of Finance at an exciting point in time. After years of being a neglected disease, bowel cancer is now quite rightly at the forefront of the cancer agenda, but sadly remains the UK’s second biggest cancer killer.
Following the merger of Bowel Cancer UK and Beating Bowel Cancer in January 2018 and a recently launched rebrand, this is a truly exciting time to join the charity. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Resources, the Head of Finance leads the running of the charity’s finance operations, to provide an efficient, professional, accurate and robust service to maximise the use of resources and achieve the charity’s strategy, supporting a growing charity, and the vision to make a direct difference for people affected by bowel cancer.
This involves working closely with the Director of Finance and Resources and the rest of the leadership team, as well as being part of the charity’s management team, to act as a finance business partner, supporting and advising where financial decisions are required.
Key priorities for the role include the following:
- Work closely with senior leaders and managers to provide support, insight and advice on decisions with financial or commercial implications
- Work with the Director of Finance and Resources to ensure annual accounts cycle is managed to prepare annual reporting of accounts to meet required deadlines
- Lead on the annual budgeting and business planning cycle, ensuring involvement and communication with Directors and Heads of all teams
- Providing clear communication and in-depth support by building and maintaining excellent relationships with the business and ensuring budget holders are supported on all financial issues;
- Quality and timeliness of financial information, both to budget holders and senior management.
- Application Deadline: Wednesday 17th October - please send your cv and cover letter
- Interviews: week commencing wc 22nd October
For more information or to arrange an initial discussion, please contact Bryony Feeney at Allen Lane via the Allen Lane website or by applying to this advert.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'