WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
A Sales Manager is responsible for managing stock and maximizing sales through great service.
Are you well-rounded? Can you manage a team , merchandise product , increase sales through service and manage operational processes ? Then this is the job for you!
In this role, you will:
Drive sales & maximise profit:
- Make commercial decisions daily with product whilst ensuring the sales floor is maintained to high visual standards
- Analyse commercial reports and take action to improve performance
- Implement layouts by adhering to company VM guidelines
- Ensure replenishment is actioned to maintain sales floor densities and size availability
- Conduct daily walkthroughs to identify opportunities to increase sales
Connect with customers:
- Ensure the team are deployed effectively to increase conversion and ATV by upselling and cross selling stock in store and on the web (Omni channel)
- Deploy staff effectively to meet customer demand and to achieve workload.
- Coach the team to promote and sell new lines, best sellers and key fashion pieces.
- Motivate the team to increase performance by updating them on performance v targets
- Support the manager with team recruitment, inductions and training
Deliver high operational standards whilst controlling costs:
- Drive productivity to ensure every member of the team is always adding value
- Ensure stock is managed effectively to increase sales and reduce costs
- Be responsible for protecting profit, ensuring the team are engaging with customers to deter theft through service
- Report maintenance issues and be responsible for team training on fire, health and safety procedures.
- Keep costs to a minimum whilst maintaining the Brand
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING…
… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for! For this role, you will:
- Have previous experience at Sales Manager level or be an experienced Supervisor/Visual Merchandiser looking for your next step up
- You may also be a small store/deputy manager looking to move into a larger turnover environment
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Be a great communicator and be able to engage your team
- Have a good understanding of the latest trends and our competitors Have good leadership skills
- Have experience in VM
- Have experience in analysing reports and making commercial decisions
- Be passionate about delivering a world class experience to our customers
- Have good planning and organising skills
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…
… and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our retail managers:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Uniform Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Up to 28 days holiday*
- Private healthcare*
IT NEVER GET’S BORING…
We offer on-going training and development by running workshops throughout the year, covering different areas from Commercial Awareness to Performance Management, helping you develop your skill set as a River Island manager. We also have fantastic area managers who you will work alongside, many of whom have progressed from store themselves. What better way to learn & develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
We are always looking for ambitious individuals who will thrive from working in a fast paced, creative and vibrant business. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job