Do you have a strong interest in books and love sales? Are you interested in working in the book industry?
Bookseller / Retail Assistant (£7.70 per hour) is now needed to be part of our bookstore at Birmingham Airport!
Established in 1989, this Swedish company’s first bookstore was a provisional shop in the middle of Stockholm Central Station. Then, as now, the business concept reads "In an inspiring way, we sell a wide selection of front exposed books in locations where many people are on the move". Continuing with great sales success, further bookstores were opened in several locations in Sweden as well as other European countries.
This reputable Swedish bookstore opened for the first time in the UK on 1st June 2016 in Birmingham Airport. We now have one part time Bookseller/ Retail Assistant vacancy to offer and we are looking for someone that wants to work around two days per week..
Working as a Bookseller requires a good sense of responsibility and independency. Your main responsibilities include, but are not limited too;
- Selling books (mainly paperbacks)
- Assisting customers in terms of service and book recommendations
- Ordering and unpacking of books
- Keeping the store neat and tidy
The ideal Bookseller/ Retail Assistant should be positive, committed and sales-oriented. Other key attributes include;
- Ability to take your own initiative, see what needs to be done and action it
- Posses great prioritisation skills whilst remaining responsible and independent in your work
- Able to handle stressful situations and in a faced paced retail environment, with a genuine interest working in retail and selling
- Previous experience working within a retail environment (essential)
- Previous experience working within a bookstore (desirable)
- Able to work at the airside airport area, so you must possess a valid passport
- Happy to provide a 5 year referencing check regarding employment history and pass a criminal record check due to airport regulation. This is not something the company would typically ask for.
Of course, the perfect Bookseller will have to know a lot about books! You must possess a strong interest and love for books, with a humble attitude to literature.
The opening hours of store is approximately 5:00am-9:00pm, so it is important that you are flexible regarding working hours. Selection and interviews will be ongoing.
If you’re an experienced Bookseller/ Retail Assistant / Retail Sales Assistant and have a strong interest and books, please apply today and we’ll be in touch! We look forward to hearing from you.
- Customer Service
- Book Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job