Do you have a passion for Marketing?
Are you looking to work in a Global Publishing Organization?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Books Marketing Executive to join our forward thinking publishing organisation on a 12 Month fixed term contract
This role involves supporting the Head of Books Marketing and Books Marketing Managers in planning and implementing marketing activities to promote our growing programme. The successful candidate will be carrying out a full range of tactical marketing activities including email campaigns, social media, conference organising and planning, author and community engagement and support to ensure publishing and sales objectives are met.
- Working with the Head of Books and Books Marketing Managers, develop the promotional plan and marketing schedules for agreed key and prioritised titles.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of a programme for the promotion of our Books through sales channel marketing activities.
- Working with colleagues around the business, manage the production of the Books Catalogue.
- Assist the team in the updates of the Emerald Group Publishing website and the Emerald Bookstore ecommerce site.
- Participate in books planning sessions as required, including attending meetings, providing information and input into book proposal reviews.
- Develop knowledge of given title subject areas.
- Identify target markets for campaigns including sourcing appropriate lists.
- Monitor the performance of campaign activity, measuring ROI and developing tactical plans for improvement.
- Work cross-functionally with all relevant departments to ensure consistent and up-to-date information is held on our title management system.
*This role may involve international travel*
Books Marketing Executive | Marketing Executive | Marketing Strategy | Campaign Management | Digital Marketing | Social Media | CIM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent copywriter with strong attention to detail.
- An analytical thinker, capable of evaluating activity effectiveness and ROI, and taking evidence-based actions.
- Experience of planning and delivery of marketing communications across multi-channels.
- A proven track record of demonstrating ROI from marketing activities.
- Experience of developing and implementing a test and learn approach.
- Knowledge of end-to-end campaigning from data sourcing, through integrated use of marketing mix and measurement of success.
- An excellent understanding of the full marketing mix.
- Ability to work under pressure and hit deadlines with commitment to their own continuing development.
- Comfortable operating in a digital and data-driven environment.
- Preferably a basic understanding of CRM systems and strategies.
About Our Company:
Nurturing fresh thinking that makes an impact
We were founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that would advance the research and practice of business and management. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference, now also including health and social care, education and engineering. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
What matters to us:
Individuality: We have a strong sense of character, independence and spirit.
Ambition: We strive to go beyond what's possible to delight our customers.
Purpose: Our entire motivation is to help our communities achieve better outcomes.
Curiosity: We listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter.
Trust: Our open and responsive culture empowers people, creating transparency, responsibility and respect.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job