Job Title: Bookkeeper
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
We're currently recruiting for a prominent local firm of Chartered Accountants who are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper.
Reporting to the Bookkeeping Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive bookkeeping service to clients and producing year end files to a high standard for Accounts.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- General bookkeeping, both in the office and off site at clients' premises
- Liaise with clients to obtain records, and to provide information when requested
- Produce management accounts where required
- Quarterly VAT returns, including reconciling turnover to sales on the VAT return and filing with HMRC
- Post payroll journals
- Provide Accounts with year-end working papers
- Post opening balances adjustments
- Provide assistance to clients where they do their own bookkeeping
- Keep up to date with software changes, including ongoing Xero and QuickBooks certification
- Keep all procedure notes updated
- You must have previous practice experience.
- Ideally some experience in Quickbooks or Zero.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://privacy-policy/
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'