The Wedding Shop (www.weddingshop.com) is the UK and Ireland’s original multi-retailer gift list company, providing couples with a service that helps them create a truly unique gift list. Our business is both online and instore and combines retail and service and despite being around for over 20 years we have grown 10-fold in the past 3 years.
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to support our Finance team. Reporting to the Accounts Manager, the successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, as well as being able to hit the ground running as the team often work to tight deadlines. A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role is essential.
Required Level of Skill and Competency:
- SAGE Line 50: Level 3
- Purchase Ledger Entries (end-to-end): Level 3
- Invoice Processing (end-to-end): Level 3
- Balance sheet account reconciliation: Level 3
- Credit card reconciliation: Level 3
- Debtor/ Creditor coordination & query handling: Level 3
- VAT Returns: Level 1
- Credit control: Level 3
- Data Entry: Level 3
Competency Level Definitions
- LEVEL 0: No prior knowledge, training or experience.
- LEVEL 1: Has attended training or experiential learning but has yet to be able to demonstrate competence in commercial environments.
- LEVEL 2: Consolidating skills & knowledge acquired from training in self learning or during
- LEVEL 3: Has actively proven experience of competence in commercial environment. Is familiar with working practice and standards. Able to provide examples of applied competence whilst working in a team. Can execute the competence with minimal supervision from team leader.
- LEVEL 4: Ability to provide leadership in competence. Able to design processes and implement solutions to solve complex issues. Able to supervisor others through planning and practical leadership.
- LEVEL 5: Can demonstrate expert knowledge in competence. Ability to train others and set company standards. Has reached highest qualification level in competence.
Hours ofoperation:Full time: 5 days a week, Mon-Friday, 9.00am-5.30pm.
Salary:£25,000 per annum (plus generous annual bonus)
Holiday : Twenty-three days paid holiday per year
Location : 80-82 Glentham Road, London, SW139JJ