Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for a Bookkeeper in Letchworth.
Our client is a well-respected, professional organisation based in Hertfordshire and they are keen to take on a Bookkeeper to join their successful team. The role will see you take on a range of duties within a professional environment and will provide the successful candidate with a great platform on which they can broaden their experience and knowledge.
Your typical duties will include:
- Full range of bookkeeping duties, including purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control
- Understand VAT requirements, concepts and calculations
- Ensure year end files are complete with back up schedules
- Assist in preparation and filing of VAT returns
- Prepare Management Accounts
- General administration tasks, including filing, photocopying, scanning etc.
The ideal candidate will have solid working knowledge of Xero alongside prior experience in a similar role within a public practice accountancy firm.
Strong communication skills at all levels are crucial due to the nature of the role as are strong Excel and Microsoft office skills.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a highly respected organisation with a great reputation as a place of work.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job