aspire cambridge ltd are currently recruiting for a professional Bookkeeper looking to work with a reputable accountancy firm in Cambridge.
The prime function of this role is to provide bookkeeping services to clients and occasionally at client’s premises. The role involves travel to and from client’s premises on an occasional basis and therefore being able to drive would be an advantage.
- Balancing accounts
- Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments
- Processing purchase invoices
- Completing VAT returns
- Completing CIS returns
- Checking company bank statements and reconciling
- Maintaining fixed asset registers
- Preparing Management Accounts and supporting schedules
- Dealing with prepayments and accruals
- Preparing year end files for the Accountants
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested by Clients and Directors
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
- Being able to communicate at all levels
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Preferably be qualified at AAT standard
- An ability to work quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Multi task with ease and professionalism
- Good computer skills (especially with databases and financial software)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential
Hours: Full Time- Mon - Fri - 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 dependant on salary
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on or apply online. Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
aspire cambridge ltd is acting as an employment agency for permanent vacancies, in regard to this vacancy. Our accredited recruitment consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise across our seven specialist recruitment divisions; engineering and manufacturing, finance and accountancy, hospitality, information technology, legal and hr, office support and sales and marketing. Our ever expanding network of client companies exceeds 3000 active organisations that we engage with on a regular basis. We have an unrivalled knowledge of the jobs marketplace so it’s no wonder that we hold an impressive track record of exceeding client and candidate expectations. How do we do it? By "placing people first."
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job