Our client, a privately-owned Courier and Logistics company based in Colnbrook is looking for an Accounts Manager to join their small friendly team.
This is a senior role that reports into the Directors.
This is a varied, challenging and busy role that has a multitude of responsibilities including, all accounts processes, sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control, responding to customer queries, producing monthly and weekly reports and all general bookkeeping duties.
Responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Preparing staff wages
- Supplier and expense payments, BACS and cheques
- Credit Control
- Purchase invoice checking against contracts
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Petty cash and ordering of any company stationery
- Raising and posting sales invoices within company deadlines
- Sales Ledger
- Debtors’ reconciliation between SAGE and the company’s factoring facility
- Dealing with all queries, credit notes and additional invoices
- Assisting the sales team with the setting up of new accounts and tariffs
- Cash allocation and bank reconciliations
- Purchase ledger payment runs
- Processing of credit card payments and employee expenses
- Liaising with the company accountant on a quarterly basis, producing VAT return & posting to HMRC online
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years all round accounts experience at a senior level. Previous experience within the Logistics or Courier industry is preferred but not essential. This is a stand-alone role and it is therefore essential that you can work on your own initiative and autonomously coupled with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Experience of using Sage is a must and Metafour experience is preferred but not essential.
It is paramount that you are able to manage your time effectively, complete workload, meet deadlines, plan, and schedule and evaluate your own work.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job