Bookkeeper/Payroll- Regional Accountancy Firm
Barber McLelland are working as a recruitment partner for a regional firm of accountants who are recruiting for an experienced Bookkeeper/Payroll Accountant to work within the firms Barnsley office.
Supporting a client portfolio of mainly owner managed businesses, the role will work alongside the existing accounts team and will be fully dedicated to providing bookkeeping and management accounting services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting a diverse client portfolio of sole traders, partnerships and smaller limited companies, the role will be responsible for:
- Client bookkeeping using Sage Line 50 and Excel
- Maintenance of Petty Cash
- Bank reconciliation
- Accurate completion of sales, purchase ledger and nominal ledger entries
- Balancing of control accounts including purchase ledger, sales ledger, bank and cash control, wages, PAYE and VAT
- Process end to end client payroll
- Preparation of VAT returns
Skills and Qualities
The successful applicant will be an experienced bookkeeper who can work unsupervised, ideally with experience working from within a firm of accountants (although not essential). Individuals will have an excellent I.T skills including good working knowledge of Sage and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
Applicants will ideally be qualified AAT or part qualified ACCA along with GCSE, 'O’ Level or equivalent standard with A-C passes in Mathematics and English.
The role will be predominantly based within the firms Barnsley which is within an easy commute from Rotherham, Doncaster and Worksop region, the role will also include working at client premises, it is therefore essential that applicants drive and have the use of their own vehicle.
- Excellent base salary (dependant upon experience)
- Benefits package
- Flexibility with working hours (part or full time considered)
- Accounts Assistant
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job