Recruitment Hunters are recruiting for a Practice Experienced PART - TIME Bookkeeper (AAT Qualified or Equivalent) for their highly successful practice accountancy client based in Grantham. Part time - 20/25 hours. Undertake book-keeping duties on behalf of clients of the firm having gained a solid understanding of the firms operations, accounting and business advisory service.
Main Responsibilities: Bookkeeper
- Maintain books of accounts and reconciliations
- Prepare VAT returns
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory changes
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and book-keeping activities
- Maintain up to date complete and systematic filing system to support book-keeping and financial records
- After probation period, potential to undertake book keeping work at client's premises.
- Experienced Book-Keeper with skills in computerized book keeping, filing online of VAT returns, preparation of unincorporated business accounts for both management and year end purposes.
- Must be organised and systematic in their approach to work.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programs and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary e.g. Sage, Landmark, Xero, MS Excel, Iris
- Must possess a good working knowledge of accounting standards and the accounting provisions of the Companies Act. (preferred)
- Basic knowledge of business tax. (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- AAT or equivalent qualification or qualified by experience
- Good standard of English and Maths - A-C A level or equivalent
- Driving license not essential.
If this Bookkeeper position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Steve at Recruitment Hunters. If you are from a Practice accountancy background, this would be highly desirable also. The salary will be £19,000 -£23,500 Pro-Rata DOE.
"Let us do the hunting...so you don't have to!"
Recruitment Hunters is an independent recruitment agency based in Cambridgeshire who place permanent & contract staff into firms across East Anglia (Cambridgeshire, Suffolk & Norfolk) & West London. We focus on 4 main sectors from Commercial, Accountancy, Engineering to Technical. The types of roles we recruit for as follows: Administration, Accounts, Analyst, Customer Service, Logistics, Credit Control, Ledger Clerks, Sales, Account Management, Management, IT, HR, Directors, Engineering, Accountants, Analysts, Insurance, Technical, Public Relations, Marketing, Design, Legal, Call Centre, Receptionists, Pa's, Bi-Lingual, Field Sales, Graduates, Juniors, Mortgage Underwriters, Banking & everything in-between.
Bookkeeper, Grantham, AAT, Accounts, Practice, Accoutant, Part-Qualified, Qualified, ACCA, AAT, Accounts, Audit, Audit, Accounts, Cambridgeshire, Chartered, Accountant, Accountancy, External Audit, Practice Accountancy, Grantham, Lincoln, Corby, Peterborough, VAT, Accountant.
- External Audit
- Practice Accountancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'