This is a role for an experienced Bookkeeper to help a start-up retail business with a maternity cover role for 6-12 months.
You will be responsible for the accounts up to trial balance including sales/purchase ledger, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, VAT returns and some of the payroll.
Page Personnel Finance is working on behalf of a start-up online retail business who are increasing their presence online. They have a small office based in Soho with around 15 people, although the business is rapidly growing. The role is initially a part-time role with flexible working hours, with the possibility that in time, the role could become full-time.
This is a sole role so it is important that the candidate is experienced in:
- Purchase ledger posting, payments and reconciling statements
- Sales ledger posting and relevant reconciliations
- Making payments to suppliers, checking against paperwork
- Invoicing clients
- Credit control and chasing outstanding payments
- Bank reconciliations and credit card reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing accounts up to trial balance for review by Finance director
- Assisting with month-end duties
- VAT returns
- Ad hoc duties and filing
The successful candidate:
- Ideally 3-5 years experience in a bookkeeping role
- Experience on Sage 50 Accounting/Sage Payroll
- AAT level 3/4 studier
- Ideally experience working in an SME environment in a sole role
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Ability to work on their own initiative as there will not always be support
- Good time management
This is a sole role for a Bookkeeper for a 6-12 months maternity cover working in a retail business. The role is paying the equivalent of £28,000-£30,000 pro rata for the hours worked.
The client is flexible on the working hours but the total should be around 25-30 hours per week.
The role is to start immediately so if you meet the above criteria, please apply now.