ProTalent are currently working with a long standing accountancy firm to recruit a Bookkeeper/Management Accountant to join their successful firm.
• Your job will involve preparation of bookkeeping & VAT records for the firms clients, providing monthly and/or quarterly management accounts reports (including those specific to individual clients), liaising with clients on accounting and VAT issues, completing and submitting VAT forms where relevant.
• Keeping a log of the due dates for VAT returns and chasing the client no later than 10 days after the return period where the information has not yet been received.
• Advising the relevant director of any problems so that they can discuss this with the client if necessary and can respond to any contact from the client on a particular issue.
• Set up of VAT online for new clients with HMRC, advising clients of the business of the set up information required.
• Investigation of any matters that need further confirmation by yourself, the directors or a client. This may involve contacting HMRC or other relevant organisations.
• Preparation of information for entry on form P11D.
• Assisting with payroll or CIS to cover for holidays or sickness
• Your secondary role is that of assisting with the preparation of small business accounts and P11D’s as required - this may be manual, on SAGE or other computer programs. Preparation or assisting with year end accounts and supporting schedules, journals & accounts file completion
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly firm with a great working environment and take ownership of a busy an varied role.
The successful applicant will have worked in a similar role for an accountancy practice previously, and be keen to further their career.
To apply for this position, please do so directly through this website or contact ProTalent directly to discuss further.
Candidates should be aware that ProTalent receive a high volume of applications, therefore if you have not heard from one of our consultants within 3 working days, you should assume that you have been unsuccessful.
Thank you for your interest.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job