The Institute of Measurement and Control is the UK professional membership organisation for individuals and companies in the measurement, automation and control industries. We are seeking an experienced bookkeeper / management accountant to join our small London HQ staff and manage our accounts and subscriptions functions.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for operating our Sage L50-based accounts system to maintain nominal, sales and purchase ledgers and prepare monthly management accounts. Related tasks include VAT, daily bank reconciliations and weekly cashflow. You will also handle member subscription enquiries using our substantially automated CRM-based subscription system.
This role would suit a newly qualified or part-qualified accountant, or someone with AAT level bookkeeping experience.
- Maintain Nominal, Sales & Purchase Ledgers using Sage L50
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and monthly management accounts
- Handle subscription system and deal with member enquiries
- Microsoft Excel and general IT skills
- Prepare VAT Returns, including Partial Exemption
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant, or experienced bookkeeper
- Able to work on own, liaising with team members in other disciplines
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Experience with charities an advantage
- Able to communicate directly with members on subscription issues
- Highly organised
- £30,000 salary per year
- 25 days holiday
- 35 hours/week flextime
- London WC1 location
- Full time permanent position