We are looking for a Bookkeeper to join our new and very lively hotel chain.
We need a real team player who is good at communicating, recognises the need for good customer service, able to explain finance to non-financial people, who excels in meeting deadlines and is great at prioritising their time.
If you want the ride of your life and to work for some of the nicest people in the business then carry on reading....
Main Purpose of Job
To assist the group accountant in ensuring the financial ledgers are maintained to a high standard, ensuring accuracy and the ability to produce on time reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Main Responsibilities (this list is non-exhaustive)
- Purchase Ledger Duties
- Entering of supplier invoices with correct coding
- Preparation of supplier’s requiring payment report
- Processing of supplier payments
- Sales Ledger Duties
- Entering of customer invoices (events)
- Entering of end of day cash and credit card sales from till terminals
- Ensure on time cash collection by actively chasing outstanding debts
- Posting of customer receipts and allocation
- Bank and Nominal Ledger Details
o Daily/Weekly/Monthly Bank and Cash Reconciliations
o Preparation of Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
o Ensure accuracy of P&L Nominal Ledger Accounts
o Overhead Spend Analysis
o Posting of Weekly/Monthly Journals - ie Wages, Stock, Accruals, Prepayments, Depreciation, Deferred Income
- Compliance Duties
o Ensure Company VAT Return is filed on time
o Ensure HMRC taxes are paid on time
- Internal Reporting
o Production of Weekly Cashflow forecast report
o Production of Weekly Overdue debt report
o Production of Weekly/Monthly Sales report
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job