Our Canterbury Business Services Team are currently recruiting for a Senior Bookkeeper to join the team for at least 9 months, to cover maternity leave.
You will join a closely-knit team to provide a first-class service to our portfolio of local clients. This role will involve duties, such as bookkeeping and management accounting for clients, ensuring deadlines and proper accounting standards are met.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Car Lease Scheme
- Paid time for CSR
In 2019 alone, we won National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm!
- Undertake bookkeeping for a variety of clients as allocated by the team leader, inputting data and completing reconciliations as required
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents in a timely manner
- Adhere to proper accounting standards
- Meet deadlines and time budgets
- Advise team leader of any outstanding issues
- Complete quarterly VAT returns for allocated clients
- Preparation of year end accounts file as necessary
- Prepare management accounts from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met.
- Complete each assignment as far as possible before passing to the team leader for review.
You will be expected to develop and maintain good relationships with clients.
- 2 years or more Bookkeeping experience preferably within a practice environment
- Knowledge of a number of accounting packages (Xero/QuickBooks/Sage)
- An enthusiasm for cloud accounting and apps
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Organised and methodical
- Client focused with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel, to an intermediate level, for the production of spreadsheets
- Carrying out tasks with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Time management skills
- Ability to operate strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities
- Ability to work under own initiative and to keep calm under pressure
- Experience of working within teams
If this is a role that is of interest to you, please apply within.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers or used in any way during the selection process.
- Time Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'