Bookkeeper - Chartered Accountancy Practice
Up to £28,000 p.a. + benefits (including further study sponsorship, pension etc)
An award winning employer of choice, with high employee satisfaction and a very low staff turnover. An outstanding reputation for employee development and succession planning. Due to expansion, this independent firm of Chartered Accountants, acting for almost 800 clients ranging from high net worth individuals to large corporations, are now looking to appoint a Bookkeeper to join our busy management accounts and VAT bureau. This is an employer of choice, enjoying low staff turnover and high employee satisfaction. Working from bright, recently refurbished offices in Camberley, reporting to the Department Manager, this is an additional role in the growing bookkeeping team.
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for:-
- Within a bureau of a Chartered Accountancy Practice, you will be responsible for dealing with the affairs of a broad spectrum of client businesses
- Undertaking monthly/quarterly management accounts, VAT & EC Sales list submissions
- Bookkeeping up to trial balance and underlying control account reconciliations (enabling direct flow into monthly management accounts and end of year accounts prepared by the firm)
- Preparation of VAT calculations and VAT returns
- Additional workload and in preparation for 'Making Tax Digital’
- This is a full time position, office based with occasional travel to client premises
To be successful in this role, the Bookkeeper should have the following skills and experience:-
- Currently studying AAT, or just completed (salary will depend on level of qualification)
- Previous experience of bookkeeping in an accounting practice desirable
- Competent user of accounting software skills essential (Xero Certified desirable)
- Good VAT knowledge desirable
- Works well with deadlines in a methodical and conscientious way
- Excellent communication skills, confident with client facing responsibilities
- Self motivated and positive approach to work
- Customer and team focussed
- Driving licence and comfortable with client site visits
About The Benefits
- Annual salary up to £28,000 (negotiable dependent upon experience and qualifications)
- As appropriate, sponsorship/study support including time off for college/exams
- 29 days leave (increasing with service) including Bank & statutory holidays
- Pension (employee and employer contributions)
- Working hours are 9am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday
How to Apply
Applications in writing by sending a CV on email to Lorna Dane at the Dane Partnership Ltd.
- Trial Balance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'