We are Osome - an international Fintech start up making the lives of entrepreneurs easier. Osome is the silent hero in the background helping over 6500 businesses spend less time on routine admin and more time on changing the world for the better. We've built our own app and web product and are automating accounting, tax, company formation and other tasks. We pair our SuperApp with the expertise of a team of accountant and tax professionals on-hand to provide a reliable and fast service at accessible rates.
Our team of over 300 employees from 15 countries is made up of the brightest minds, who love solving problems for our clients and achieving results. We have recently received a funding round to continue our tremendous growth and this is where YOU come in with the opportunity to make an impact on the lives of thousands of business owners.....
About you and the role:
As a Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant with experience gained in practice we can offer you the opportunity to become a full-fledged, qualified Accountant working in a very dynamic SMEs accounting startup space.
Unlike traditional accounting practices, our Bookkeepers/Assistant Accountants do fewer boring tasks because most of the routine work is done by our software. At Osome, Assistant Accountants are focused more on complex solutions and client relationships.
You'll need to be pro-active, be able to maintain clear communication and have a customer-focussed mind to establish our client's wants and needs.
You'll provide an excellent and high-quality level of accounting and administration services to a dedicated portfolio of our small and medium business clients- ensuring that they love our service!
With your experience you will independently manage all the bookkeeping activities for our clients (including day-to-day bookkeeping, VAT returns preparation, closing month on time, following daily bookkeeping routine etc.)
As a Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant you will always be striving for self-improvement and you will develop your career at your own pace.
What you're good at:
- University Degree in Accountancy/Business/Maths or otherwise demonstrable strong aptitude for numeracy
- Successful completion of at least two ACCA or ACA exams would be beneficial, or desire to obtain professional accounting qualification
- Proven experience in finance-related role in an Accounting practice
- Experience of providing services to clients and managing client relationships
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you will be communicating with clients via our in-app chat and on the phone
- The ability to cope with multiple tasks and produce accurate work under the pressure of tight deadlines and lead by example
- Desire to provide the best possible user experience and client care - you own your work so make it exceptional
- Desire to make processes better by experimenting, trying new things, and driving improvement across the organisation.
- Working experience with cloud accounting software (Xero / QB) and with e-commerce clients is advantageous
- E-commerce accounting knowledge is highly beneficial
Why join us:
- Our founding team has led two companies to successful acquisition so we have the knowledge and experience of building a sustainable environment so that the team can achieve outstanding results
- Experience the most exciting growth phase of a start-up first-hand - we are on an exponential growth path and providing each individual with an opportunity to change the way we do things
- Be part of the OSOME international team - in addition to London, we have offices in Singapore, Moscow, and Hong-Kong
- We operate an agile working model- remote work from home up to 3-4 days per week or from our City office location.
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'