This role is an extremely varied one, which requires an organised, methodical, logical thinking individual that will do their utmost to get the job done. As this is essentially a small family office, the ability to get on with others is essential. You will be providing support to the finance department to ensure the continued smooth running of a number of successful businesses. As there will be some invoice processing, knowledge of Sage would be advantageous.
Primarily, your function will be:
- Assisting the financial controller with day to day duties, which will include processing invoices onto Sage, bank reconciliations, and other administrative duties.
- Providing secretarial support for the Business owner, which will include answering the telephone, screening calls, taking messages, composing letters, emails and internal memos for staff and residents of the estate.
- Organising the diary of the Business owner, which may include, but is not limited to; booking flights and other travel arrangements, theatre tickets, hotels, restaurants, golf tee times, horse racing tickets, etc.
- Assisting in the organisation of the business owner’s Charitable interests, including sending out fundraising letters to his network of friends and associates.
- Assisting in the organisation of the private shoot that the business owner runs, including maintaining a database of guests and the dates they are due to attend
- Assisting the stable staff in administration duties with the Mares, foals and race horses that are owned by the business.
- As the offices is based on an estate that includes a working farm and Stud farm, you may be involved in the purchasing and negotiating of prices for a wide range of items.
- Maintaining the staff holiday database
- Plenty of other Ad-hoc duties, which have historically included: Organising the transport of goods to Portugal, returning faulty goods to suppliers, preparing the boardroom for meetings, booking dinner reservation at local gastropub for shooting guests, organising the office cleaner, organising tradesmen for various maintenance that is required, organising the MOT’s and insurances of all company vehicles and the owners private fleet, arranging the testing of the private water supply to ensure that it is potable and various other tasks.
The offices are situated on an 800-acre private estate. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the office, as well as a lot of the business owner’s (and immediate family’s) personal affairs.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job