Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant opportunity within an established growing Chartered Accountancy Practice offering varied responsibilities, career development and exposure to a wide range of SME businesses.
An established and highly respected Chartered Accountancy Practice with a strong presence in Preston and Central Lancashire. The firm is renowned as Business Advisors to SME's, Family-Owned businesses and Corporate groups ranging from c.£100k - £30m t/o and offers clients expert Audit, Accounts, Tax and Cloud Accountancy and Outsourced Accounting & Financial Management solutions.
Joining the firm's Business Services Team as a Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant you will perform a varied role working with a range of SME and Owner-Managed businesses.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Posting of bank payments and receipts (manually and from bank feeds)
- Posting of purchase invoices and sales invoices
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Preparation of Quarterly VAT returns and submissions
- Training clients on accounting software
- Processing payroll for clients, assisting with furlough claims and handling PAYE queries
Benefits will include:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to progress and develop your career further longer term
- Flexibility in working arrangements (WFH / Office blend)
You will be a Bookkeeper or Accounts Assistant able to demonstrate the following:
- Background within Commerce & Industry or Chartered Accountancy Practice (c.3 - 4 years)
- Experience of Bookkeeping / Ledgers, VAT and Payroll
- Conversant with Sage 50 and either Xero, Quickbooks or Sage One
- Ability to work with team members and Directors / Partners
If you are currently working within Industry or an Accountancy Practice environment and are seeking a Bookkeeping opportunity within a modern firm offering stability and long term development please contact Alastair McLean at Lucas McLean Recruitment to discuss this position.
- Accountancy Firm
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'