Location: Poole, Dorset
Contracted Hours: 37 ½
What we can offer you
- Flexible working hours, where staff cover allows
- Opportunities for overtime
- Working within a supportive and friendly team
- On-site staff parking
- Staff socials
- Extended holiday allowance over the Christmas period
- Relaxed working atmosphere
Working independently on:
- Requesting required paperwork/records from clients.
- Chasing clients for outstanding paperwork/records.
- Reviewing clients’ records prior to commencement of bookkeeping to ensure essential documents received.
- Entering clients’ transactions onto Excel/Sage/Xero (and others), as appropriate.
- Reconciling various control accounts, such as bank accounts, sales ledgers, purchase ledgers, etc.
- Communicating with a number of clients regarding their bookkeeping affairs.
- Completing and filing VAT returns.
- Completing our client VAT files of VAT return workings .
- Organising workload to ensure strict deadlines are met.
- Maintaining organised and complete filing systems of clients’ paperwork.
- Communicating with HMRC VAT office when required.
To assist the accounts and bookkeeping teams with:
- Preparing bank reconciliations and other control accounts as appropriate.
- Assisting the accounts team with any VAT queries they may have when preparing the year end accounts or otherwise.
Any other tasks as directed by Accounts & Bookkeeping Manager or other colleagues as appropriate.Person Specification
- Bookkeeping for a variety of businesses
- Preparing VAT returns for a variety of businesses
- High level of competence in Excel and Sage Line 50
- Detailed understanding of VAT Outputs and Inputs
- Detailed understanding of correct treatment of different VAT schemes (Cash, Flat Rate)
- Thorough knowledge of how to reconcile bank balances, sales ledgers, purchase ledgers.
Preferable (Not Essential)
Working in an office environment
Working as part of a bookkeeping team
High level of competence in Xero
Detailed understanding of how to handle
subcontractor payments/ CIS (Construction Industry Scheme)
If this Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant position sounds like the role for you Apply today send your CV below!
- Accounts Assistant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'