Up to £30,000 per annum plus bonus
We are fast growing innovative finance company and now need an in-house Book Keeper to come and join our team.
The successful candidate will report to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for maintaining financial records, preparing tax returns and overseeing the financial health of the Firm, also preparing financial statements for review by the Financial Controller.
We are looking for someone with proven book keeping experience, preferably within financial services sector, who is organised, efficient and skilled at keeping track of the various types of spending and will be tasked with managing the balancing of the accounts.
- Recording financial transactions
- Handling accounts payable and receivable
- Completing tax forms
- Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Paying regular bills for the company
- Maintaining company ledgers
- Handling client invoices by recording and approving or denying the payments
- Appropriately coding payables to prepare them for the accountant's input later
- Distributing money appropriately to various departments within the company
- Invoicing deliveries and paying vendors for their goods and services
- Maintaining office supplies by keeping an inventory and ordering new supplies as needed
- Preparing purchase orders in accordance with requests for materials
- Handling subsidiary accounts
- Filing historical records and retrieving necessary documents as needed for others
- Researching and complying with federal, state, and local requirements as they pertain to the company's operations and financial activities
- Monitoring debt levels and ensuring compliance with debt covenants
- Recording cash receipts and handling bank deposits
- Maintaining petty cash
- Preparing information for auditors
- Balancing accounts
- Checking company bank statements
- Keeping an annual company budget
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
- Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by the Financial Controller
You must be amazing with Microsoft Excel with advanced knowledge of formulas and macros. An accountancy qualification is desirable but not essential for the right candidate.
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter, to Katherine, Non-Exec Director (HR).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'