At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world’s leading manufacturers. Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a BOM Engineer to be based at our customer’s site in Guildford.
Our PLM practice helps manufacturers build better products, define better processes, and reduce costs. As an engineering services organization, we use the processes and software we recommend to our clients. We leverage two decades of PLM domain expertise, industry-leading software partnerships, innovative training services, and a laser-like focus on understanding the product development challenges specific to each of our clients.
The scope of BOM Engineer role is primarily to manage and understand BOM data at Tata Technologies clients, perform product data analysis, provide assistance to BOM users and resolve BOM issues at various stages of manufacturing.
The role involves providing input and support for New Product Introduction gateways and will work with cross functional teams from Marketing, Engineering, Variant Configuration, Material Governance, Purchasing, Sales and Manufacturing to resolve issues from engineering, production and logistics functions.
The consultant needs to have domain knowledge of automotive engineering, PLM systems, BOM management, Change Management, Document Management, CAD systems, Configuration Management and automotive engineering processes.
The role includes working with offshore teams to coordinate data analysis activities.
Area of Responsibility
- Maintaining BOM accuracy and quality
- Define 150% BOM and simulate 100% BOM from the 150% BOM based on configuration rules
- Develop, check and sign-off of deliverables for New Product Introduction gateways
- Set-up and monitor workflows for engineering changes / releases
- Validation of sales orders
- MRP demand checks parts on BOMs
- Creation and maintenance of Spare BOM
- Specification change, Cost Down Activities
- o Coding changes and Colour code reduction or changes
- Support to Manufacturing about parts allocation
- Support to Material Controller about Demand issues
- Support Marketing about Specification creation
- Performing activities such as rebuilding of BOMs, cost down initiatives, forecasting demand of parts
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience of BOM management
- Experience of PLM systems (ideally ENOVIA VPM/3Dcom and SAP PLM)
- Knowledge of engineering product life cycle / New Product Introduction processes
- Knowledge of Configuration Management, Change Management and Document Management
- Expertise in MS Office products (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge Excel VB scripting
- Expertise in creating reports and dashboards from Excel
- Knowledge of managing weight and cost management in PLM
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to deliver with minimum supervision
- Able to prioritise and maintain professional attitude under pressure
- Reliable with an attention for detail
- Confident to present and demonstrate to small groups
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including:
- Pension Scheme - We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
- 25 Days’ Holiday
- Private Health Care
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme - up to 20% of new JLR vehicles
- Group Income Protection
- Health Assured - Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Shield - Private Health Cash Plan
- Free Parking
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better™.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.
- Automotive Engineering
- Engineering Changes
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"